[TowerTalk] tower grounding

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower grounding
From: (
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 14:45:28 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-13 14:38:47 EDT,

> 1.  Is brazing recommended or is it better to silver solder?  Note: It's too
>  late for cadwelding these joints.

     You should never solder anything. One event with subsequent heating and
the solder is all gone. Compression or exothermic (like CadWeld) are the only
NEC approved methods.
>  3.  How deep should I bury the #6 radials?  Note: We have no heaving in
> North Texas.

      I'd go 12-24 inches. You could check with your building department to
see what code is for reference and make a decision based on that.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC