[TowerTalk] Update: Stacking & Phasing KT34XA's

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Update: Stacking & Phasing KT34XA's
From: (DavidC)
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 1998 16:37:17 -0400
OK, here is what I believe I have learned so far:

I can put the lower KT34XA at 40 feet and use a TIC Ring-Rotor N3RR

I can put the top KT34XA at 70 feet.
  (This may be accomplished with a 20 foot chromolloy mast on top of 60
feet of Rohn 25 -- still allowing for a 12 & 17m beam at
    80 feet -- both turned with a Tailtwister T2X rotor.)

I will need a phasing system from Hygain or ARRAY

I am told by one Ham-engineer that stacked KT34XA's should provide a true
3db gain (power doubling), but another has questioned that.

Comments?  Corrections?

Now I just have to figure out where the cash for the extra tower sections
and the nearly $1000. ring-rotor will come from!

Oh, and where does one get a chromolloy mast, why use that, and how much
does one cost?

Thanks! & 73, DavidC  AA1FA