[TowerTalk] Log Periodics - Performance Comparisons

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Log Periodics - Performance Comparisons
From: (DavidC)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 1998 14:40:50 -0400
> Finally, remember that anything within a boom's length of a log will skew
>  everything. I put a 40-2CD above it and varied the separation distance
>  until the log's SWR was okay.

I wonder if this would apply equally to a Sommer 50-7mhz log? (XP808 I

Can a log periodic be side mounted on a tower with a IIX swinging gate or
Ring-Rotor, or do they interact with the tower and other metal too much?

Can a quad be side mounted?

Anyone compared the Sommer and Tennadyne beams?

I have access to a clean Sommer 6-40m for about $600. ($1500. new) -- what
does a Tennadyne T10 10-30m sell for new/used?

Thanks & 73, DavidC  AA1FA