[TowerTalk] Stacking & Phasing KT34XA's

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacking & Phasing KT34XA's
From: (Marko Munih)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 08:45:55 -0700
Jay O'Brien wrote:

> Others may have different takes on this, but the advantage to stacked
> KT34XAs IN THE SAME DIRECTION is not the small gain advantage, but the
> advantage of less fading.  You will "sound stronger" than your
> competitors but the absolute S meter reading isn't all that different.

Yes, that is also my observation. No difference in signal
strength that would be worth to mention, but fading is smaller.

I have a pair of XA's at 18m and 31m heights at the tophill location.

David, be carefull when using two antennas at different towers
in the same or various directions. I modeled that for my
case and I now know how can I point the beams on one
tower and quad on sepparate tower that I get
advantage and not pattern disstortion or attenuation effect.
All that depends strongly on particular antenna setup.

Marko, s50k