[TowerTalk] More KT34XA+

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More KT34XA+
From: (David L. Thompson)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 10:42:27 -0400 (EDT)
At 01:04 AM 6/15/98 -0700, Rich N7TR wrote:
>  I think it was KE5CV, Mike, who had a 34XA with an added "XA add on
kit"......From what I remember he had a killer score and signal in several
SS contests....

It was someone in Texas and I also remember a W6.  One tried just adding
another XA kit but I believe the 5 found that it played better with the 2
extra elements on a longer boom for better director spacing.  I seem to
remember 57' rather than 48' with another XA kit.  Not sure where the 10
meter director went on the longer boom.

I did see a note that 15 meter performance "might" be improved by replacing
the 10 meter director with a 10/15 director.  On the regular KT34XA this
seems to place the extra 15 director to close to the current 2nd director
(last director).

I think it would be better to stack them al la K7RI/N8TR, but that is just
my opinion.

Dave K4JRB