[TowerTalk] Antenna Problem - Solved

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Problem - Solved
From: k2av@qsl.net (Guy L. Olinger)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:34:19 -0400
I have the same MFJ unit. I got one of those cheap bead choke balun kits
from The Wireman, and always have it on the MFJ analyzer. All the wierd
problems disappeared. Guess it was unbalance: My hand attached to the
case, therefore one side of the feedline and not the other. I also have
the other analyzer (RF-1? It's at home...) and don't use it without the
bead choke either.

As a matter of fact, in general, killing the current on the outside of
coax shields has fixed all kinds of wierd stuff around the shack. From
the above to the KW high isolation chokes on the input & output of the
AL1200, rf on coax shields is a real pain.

73 & GL.

Guy.