[TowerTalk] "Half-Loop" Antenna?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Half-Loop" Antenna?
From: (Brian K. Short)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 03:51:21 +0000
The Antenna Compendium describes some experiments
with the "Half-Loop" antenna which is a half of a full loop
antenna fed against a ground screen.

It would be fed at the ground, then go up to a support, and
finally back down to the ground again, sorta like an inverted
V dipole, but fed at one end against ground rather than at
the center.

I have had good luck with full-wave loops in the past, but
height and size have prevented trying such on 80m or 160m.

I am curious if anyone has experience with this type of antenna?

73, Brian

Brian Short
(602)839-3484 1994 E Laguna Dr Tempe, Az 85282
                Dude's Law of Duality
Of two possible events, only the undesired one will occur.