[TowerTalk] Antenna Problem - Solved

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Problem - Solved
From: (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:59:18 -0700
At 7:55 AM -0700 6/15/98, wrote:

>In a message dated 98-06-15 03:48:27 EDT, writes:
>>   Are you using one of those antenna analyzers for your
>>     swr measurements? Try a conventional swr bridge.
>>  I was, indeed, using an MFJ analyzer and once I replaced it with a
>>  conventional transceiver/bridge combination, I was blessed with
>>  picture-perfect SWR curves on all bands!
>    What WAS the problem then? Why were you getting erroneous readings? Do you
>have a broadcast station nearby?

No broadcast stations, but definite erroneous readings on both 12 and 40
meters.  Subsequent tests with two different SWR bridges has shown the
stack to have well behaved with actually better-than-book specs.  I am well
pleased.  :)

73, Dick

Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)