[TowerTalk] 80 meter yagi at K3LR

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80 meter yagi at K3LR
From: (
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 11:19:56 -0700 (PDT)
Good morning.

Another possible solution is to use Alum-O-Weld wire. We use #12, which has a
tensile strength of 1100 pounds. Have had very few brak over the years.
Actually, I think they were all at one site, which turned out to be over
tightening of the installation bolts. Anyhow, Alum-O-Weld comes in much larger
sizes, as well as stranded.

One more solution is to install a non-conductive element guy to reduce the
strain on the loading wires. One might also be able then to use tubing for the
linear loading.

Have a great day & 73,
                Tom Schiller, N6BT
                President, Force 12, Inc.
                        Amateur Antennas, Commercial Towers & Antennas
                P.O. Box 1349 Paso Robles, CA  93447
                Phone: 805.227.1680   FAX 805.227.1684
                Web Site: