[TowerTalk] Balloon as Temporary Tower for FD

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Balloon as Temporary Tower for FD
From: (Jonathan Kaplan)
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 17:23:57 -0700
Hi all,
        I want to thank all of you who answered my questions about flying a
balloon for FD. The comments  were all very informative and helpful.
        I neglected to ask how a single wire antenna would be connected to a rig
with either a coax or balanced output. I assume the center of a coax output
goes to the wire itself, but where do I connect the shield?
And someone mentioned using radials. Are radials necesssary for a 1/2 wave
wire antenna?

Thanks again for the prompt responses.

Jonathan ko6xs