[TowerTalk] Georgia Storms

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Georgia Storms
From: (
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 15:32:52 EDT
The way I recall it is most insurance companies will NOT pay
the insured party anything for his/her labor if he does the work
himself.  I had a friend who is a carpenter and his house
burned.  The insurance company would not pay him to
do any of the work himself - he had to hire other contractors.
I like Steve K7LXC's idea - hire a professional crew and let
them do all the work.  Might as well get something for all that
premium money you pay over the years.

 I also have felt--with less metal in the air--the despair after storm
 damage.  Which brings my question that I have had then also:
 When insurance covered stuff is ruined, is it appropriate for the
 insurance co. to pay the owner/installer for taking down and reinstalling?
 I know they pay the roofer to put on a new roof.  Do they pay the ham to
 take care of his insured antennas--the labor???  K4VUD