[TowerTalk] Does insurance pay the ham owner/installer?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Does insurance pay the ham owner/installer?
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 08:34:40 +0000
On 18 Jun 98, Charles H. Harpole <> wrote:

> Clearly Steve has not seen parts of the real world, where insurance
> refuses to pay directly to the insured/homeowner and where really sloppy
> work is done.  I'm glad someone can live in that kind of rarified
> atmosphere, but down here in the trenches, it just ain't like that,
> always.  Keep up the high standards and good work, Steve.
> de K4VUD, not yet in 9N1.
One experience I've had with State Farm (NOT a tower claim) is the
check was made out jointly to me and my mortgage company. The deal
was I had to sign the check, forward it to the mortgage company,
then they would release payment after they inspected the repair
work. When I questioned this, I was told by State Farm when the dollar
amount exceeded a certain number (I don't recall the number) this is
specified in the policy. Something else to check out in the fine
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet:
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club