[TowerTalk] Does insurance pay the ham owner/installer?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Does insurance pay the ham owner/installer?
From: (
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 09:03:11 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-18 08:23:53 EDT, writes:

> Clearly Steve has not seen parts of the real world, where insurance
>  refuses to pay directly to the insured/homeowner and where really sloppy
>  work is done.  I'm glad someone can live in that kind of rarified
>  atmosphere, but down here in the trenches, it just ain't like that,
>  always.  Keep up the high standards and good work, Steve.

      Hey, don't mention it. I guess my error was thinking that I was doing
the work. Sorry. And yes, I've seen sloppy commercial work.

      Yes, you can get into a tussle with your insurance company. I've only
been involved in 12-15 tower insurance claims so I haven't seen it all. Your
mileage may vary.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC