[TowerTalk] high water table

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] high water table
From: (Joe Natale K1JN)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 20:42:02 -0400
Any advice and or experiences with the following scenario?

I am going to install a self supporting aluminum tower. The base will be
4'x4' wide and 6' deep. I am located near the shore in CT and the water
table is high, especially with the recent rains. I began to dig the hole for
the base and struck water at about the 2 1/2' level. The water table usually
drops later in the summer. Any ideas on how to complete digging the hole and
pour the base or do I wait for a drought?