[TowerTalk] high water table

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] high water table
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 22:50:46 EDT
In a message dated 98-06-18 20:43:26 EDT, k1jn@99main.com writes:

>  The base will be
>  4'x4' wide and 6' deep. I am located near the shore in CT and the water
>  table is high, especially with the recent rains. I began to dig the hole
for
>  the base and struck water at about the 2 1/2' level. The water table
usually
>  drops later in the summer. Any ideas on how to complete digging the hole
and
>  pour the base or do I wait for a drought?

      I will second the advice of Da Juice - K4OJ - about just leaving the
water in the hole. He's a pretty informed concrete guy.

     The other thing you can do is get the holes dug and then rent a pump the
day of the pour. Then the water will be pumped out for the inspection (you did
get a permit, didn't you?) and you can observe the pour into the hole, rebar,
etc. If the water table is high enough that you have to pump it out, there
will be PLENTY of water to aid the concrete in curing anyway.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC