[TowerTalk] Could not believe my eyes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Could not believe my eyes
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider, N3RR)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 03:42:54 +0100
Steve,

One thing you didn't say/ask:  Does he have safety wires on the turnbuckles??
If
not, they can easily unscrew and loosen the guys!!!!!!  I don't know if he does
or
not, but if the guys are loose, it's another thing to check.

[The safety wires go through each turnbuckle TWICE, once at each end and wrap
through the fixed end of the guy anchor and through the loop in any guy grips,
thus eliminating the possibility that the turnbuckles can turn in any direction.
Look at the ARRL handbook for details.]

Bill, N3RR