[TowerTalk] Clicking?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Clicking?
From: (John Kjos)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 17:03:52 +0000
I have a 90' rohn 55 tower with a Force 12 -EF240X and 5BA antennas on
a mast above this tower.I also have a Alpha Delta 80m inverted V from
the 90' level.At various times,especially when there is lightning in
the area I can here a distinct clicking sound coming from the
tower.The sound is a intermitent-click,click and it speeds up and then
will quit if there is lightning in the imediate area.It then will
start up after a few minutes pass.Is this static electricity that is
building up on my tower and then discharging?Thank you.    John W9RPM