[TowerTalk] Aluminum in the ground

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum in the ground
From: (Bob Wanderer)
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1998 19:52:15 -0700
No, they don't contradict each other, I just wasn't clear.
Let's start over.

1.  If  your soil is acidic, you want to go with aluminum/tinned/galvanized.
2.  If your soil is neutral or alkaline, you want to go with copper.
3.  The more acidic or alkaline your soil is (w/respect to a pH=7 or neutral),
the quicker the material will be zapped.

If I remember correctly ph=7 is neutral, numbers
below 7 (6~0) is alkaline, and
numbers above 7 (8~14) means
acidic [the absolute numbers are,
I believe, correct, but I
may have which is acidic and
which is alkaline {or base} reversed]. So if your
soil pH is 5 or 6, the copper will last much
longer than if the pH was 1 or 0. Ditto
for the acid side. The crux of the issue
is that you don't want to use copper if the
pH=8; aluminum/tinned/galvanized will last
 far longer than copper in that

Make sense now?