Fwd: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole Rope

To: <>
Subject: Fwd: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole Rope
From: (
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 09:26:32 EDT

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole Rope
To: <>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 09:26:06 EDT

In a message dated 6/20/98 10:55:27 PM Central Daylight Time,

> While we have the thread going on gin poles lets talk rope.  What does
>  the multi-tude recommend for the rope.  Size and type?

You will need to look to specialty stores for this requirement. All you are
likely to find in hardware stores is nylon, which stretches, and polypropylene
which deteriorates in sunlight.

3/4" Polydacron is the rope of choice for this purpose. It is tightly woven,
withstands abrasion and does not stretch. Hint: For storage and ease of use,
keep it in a large plastic trash can or wind it on a hose caddy.

Tom, K5RC/7
On the Comstock