[TowerTalk] Gin Pole Rope

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole Rope
From: (K4SB)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 18:26:22 -0700
Interesting thread. Personally I like a line which will stretch a little
as it has a sort of "spring action" which helps you raise the section a
few inches and then drop it into place.

But am wondering about the strength ratings given. Some have suggested
it's good for a couple hundred pounds. I have used the stuff for such
purposes as pulling a large pine in the direction I want it to fall.

Maestro Steve...If one tied off one end of such a line to a large tree,
and attached the other end to a come-a-long around another another tree,
would the loos guage work to a destruction test? Personally, I have
tightened such line towhere I couldn't move the come-a-long anymore.