[TowerTalk] Could not believe my eyes <--Part II]

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Could not believe my eyes <--Part II]
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 00:49:54
At 07:36 PM 6/19/98 -0700, Patrick Dayshaw wrote:
>As someone who maintains a sailboat with a 50 ft. aluminum mast and fairly
>heavy rigging (picture trying to keep a 50 ft. tall soda can erect).  I have
>found that "anti-seize" compound (available at Auto Parts stores) seems to
>work really well on turnbuckles.

If you use that stuff, be very sure to safety-wire the turnbuckles.

Years ago, my daughter had a 1972 Bug that used bolts into the brake drums
to hold the wheels on.  After a thousand miles or so these would get almost
impossible to remove.

In a misguided effort to make it easier for her to change tires, I put some
MB2S antisieze compound on the wheel bolts.  A couple of weeks late, she
jounced over a train track and a front wheel came off.

There *is* such a thing as too free a thread!

73, Pete Smith N4ZR

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"