[TowerTalk] KLM KT34XA - Usable on 12 or 17m?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KLM KT34XA - Usable on 12 or 17m?
From: (DavidC)
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:11:47 -0400
I am still considering my options and as I looked at the Force 12 site I
observed that they get gain on 12 & 17m from several of their 10-15-20m
tri-banders (with a tuner).

Has anyone put an analyzer and/or a tuner on a KLM KT34XA and measured for
the possibility of tuner-assisted resonance on 12 or 17m?  (I'd like to
know this before I sell them and choose something different or go ahead an
put them up ... and then wish I had chosen differently!)

Anyone actually used them on 12 or 17m?  Results?  Comparisons with beams
designed for 12 & 17?

BTW:  In these sorts of applications, how much tends to be lost in the
tuner as heat?  What tuner design (L, T, etc.) handles this sort of thing

12 & 17 are not priorities, but I do want something up there that will
offer a little gain and FB.  My tower (s) are Rohn 25, so I have to be
careful about load, so a dual purpose (though not optimized) beam would be
a big plus!

Thanks & 73, DavidC  AA1FA