[TowerTalk] guy wire stuff

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guy wire stuff
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 18:33:46 EDT
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998 20:56:55 -0700 henry gillow-wiles <henry@rio.com>
writes:

>2 questions
>
>1)  Can I get good results with Phyllistran on the top guy only, or do
>need to have the stuff on the next guy down?

K1VR:  If you have no plans to put antennas down the tower (i.e., a
tribander pointed South, or a lower antenna to stack), Philly on top
works.  However, you'll still have to break up those lower guys if (1)
you want to hang resonant wires off the tower, or (2) you want to load
the tower on 80 or 160 with a gamma rod.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.

  90 ft of 45g and guys
>at 30,
>60, and 90 ft.  Antennas at the top only.
>
>2)  What do equalization plates do and do I REALLY need them?
>
>Thanks a bunch.............
>

>Henry
>

>Henry
>KB7RTA
>henry@rio.com
>
>--

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]