[TowerTalk] FALSE OR TRUE ???......>Mismatch loss is REALloss<==TRUE!!!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FALSE OR TRUE ???......>Mismatch loss is REALloss<==TRUE!!!
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider, N3RR)
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 1998 01:34:42 +0100
Jim,

The subject was the one to which I responded.  "Mismatch" seems to me to be
SWR/VSWR.  "Losses" appears to me to be (lost power).

Others have posted about power not making it to the antenna are reflected back
and
forth and eventually make it to the antenna and are radiated.  This is so absurd
that I had to respond to that one.

I believe my post was apples to apples.

I meant no response to anything you said/posted, I was just responding to the
thread.

Just so we're on the same page, I am not talking about the attenuation in a
cable
based on its length. I am pointing out that mismatch losses are due to the
combination of that, plus VSWR.

Where your discussion about loss/distortion caused by reflected power leaving
the
antenna later...etc...is your business.  That has nothing to do with my post
and I
was not referring to that. I have no confusion with time distortion on a
transmission line.  That is a separate subject.  The problem is that the
messge/thread subject did not say "phase distortion".  It said "mismatch loss".
And those responding to it tried to explain it differently than it is explained
in
Physics.

Please don't change the subject of my messages.  If you have an opinion, fine.
But respond to the subject at issue.

AND, I stand by my post as accurate and responsive to the thread.

Bill, N3RR