[TowerTalk] Aluminum plate

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum plate
From: (Lee Buller)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 08:36:29 -0500
At 11:12 AM 6/29/98, you wrote:
>I need some aluminum plate, perhaps 1/8 inch or better thick and roughly 12
>x 24 inches for my antenna disconnect point.  I checked the Grainger online
>catalogue and to my surprise couldn't find anything like that.  Did I miss
>something, or can anyone suggest a mail-order source?
>73, Pete Smith N4ZR

You might want to check your local phone book.  In many areas there are
aluminum recyclers who not only take cans...but scrap aluminum from
manufacturers.  I have found literally pounds of this stuff at the local
recycler plant

You might also try a hardware store or a lumber store.  It might not be 1/8
inch thick, but they do have the stuff there.