[TowerTalk] Re: Loss in Coax Cable

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Loss in Coax Cable
From: (DavidC)
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 1998 20:56:45 -0400
Jim:  If you ask around you may discover that lots of CATV hardline is
routinely tossed or sold at scrap prices ... especially the end-of-rolls.
You could either use 1.5:1 transformers (have a look at RadioWorks or Amidon  for
some options) or live with the relatively small mismatch loss (since you
gain so much in the loss area using hardline) ... the purists will correct
me ... I expect!  :-)  You may bury the hardline and avoid the potential
weather damage to the 600 ohm ladder line, forget worries about proximity
to metal, etc.  All I.M.H.O. -- 73, DavidC  AA1FA