[TowerTalk] Managing information

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Managing information
From: dafouche@jax-inter.net (David Fouchey)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:10:47 -0400
At 06:00 AM 6/30/98 -0600, T A RUSSELL wrote:

>Good Question !
>
>I have 112 files and still have 3000 messages residing in my in-box.
>File topics include several sub topics on AMPS, ANTENNAS, TOWERS,
>DX, PROPAGATION, CONTESTING and several single headings.

I filter mine according to list that they originate on, then go through and
save the ones I want for future reference on zip disks! Otherwise the sheer
volume becomes unmanagable.

>The information overload  is hard to handle.  With 5 reflector
>subscriptions,
>I am seriously considering giving up one or two to reduce the volume.

Only five? Piker...I am on 12 covering everythign from Radio, to religion
to politics and cooking as well as gardening/landscaping. My wife says I
collect hobbies as a hobby, she may be right.

>Remember, there ARE archives where many of the reflector messages
>may be retrieved.
>
>de  Tom  N4KG

Also there are digest versions if the NUMBER of messages you get is too
large, makes it a bit dicey to respond to an individual post but gets the
number of messages down.

73's, Dave WA4EMR