[TowerTalk] Managing information

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Managing information
From: (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 10:25:07 -0400
At 06:00 AM 6/30/98 -0600, T A RUSSELL wrote:
>Good Question !
>I have 112 files and still have 3000 messages residing in my in-box.
>File topics include several sub topics on AMPS, ANTENNAS, TOWERS,
>DX, PROPAGATION, CONTESTING and several single headings.
>The information overload  is hard to handle.  With 5 reflector
>I am seriously considering giving up one or two to reduce the volume.
>Remember, there ARE archives where many of the reflector messages
>may be retrieved.

True, and they're pretty good, but typically they only cover a month at a
time, and the key words chosen for a search must be in the title or the
sender's address.  I went looking for something I posted on the cq-contest
reflector back in 1994, and I spent about an hour looking, and I never did
find it.

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia