[TowerTalk] What's my wind zone?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What's my wind zone?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:10:35 EDT
In a message dated 98-07-01 11:00:10 EDT, MartyT@geoaccess.com writes:

> How do I find out what the wind zone is for my county?  Is this info
>  available on the web somewhere? I see various counties and their
>  respective wind zones mentioned, but I guess I missed where that comes
>  from.

     The county windspeeds cited on TowerTalk are from the TIA-222-F which is
the "Structural Standards for Steel Antenna Towers and Antenna Supporting
Structures". It's not on the web at this time but I'm hoping to get it on
www.championradio.com sometime in the future.

     Jackson County is a 75 MPH windspeed zone; 70 is the lowest they give.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC