[TowerTalk] Info handling - thanks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Info handling - thanks
From: G3SEK@ifwtech.demon.co.uk (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:18:17 +0100
Hubert Gabler wrote:

>BTW, my compliments to Dave WA4EMR "collecting hobbies as a hobby"), who
>manages to read and evaluate the messages from 12 reflectors...

Here's another thought: use e-mail software that automatically handles
and classifies reflector mail.

My wife and I are subscribed to 16 reflectors for work and hobbies, but
the Turnpike mail/news software automatically sorts all the incoming
messages into 16 separate lists.

The advantages are:

1. We don't see any reflector traffic in our personal e-mail boxes -
and that's a big first step in saving our sanity!

2. Reflectors are presented in exactly the same way as ordinary
newsgroups, with all messages 'threaded' into their logical sequence.
That makes reflector discussions very easy to follow.

3. Reflector/newsgroup messages are automatically deleted after a few
days, unless we elect to keep them. They can either stay inside Turnpike
or be exported as ASCII files to topic-related folders somewhere else on
the HD.

I hope those additional thoughts are helpful. There are several other
mail/news packages besides Turnpike that can handle reflector messages
in the same way.

                           http://www.ifwtech.demon.co.uk/g3sek