[TowerTalk] Kenwood reflector?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Kenwood reflector?
From: wd4ngb@m2.sprynet.com (Bruce Richards)
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 19:29:19 +0000
I concur  with Ed. I had used Kenwood West years ago and got tired of the
slow service, and being treated like dirt. I started using Kenwood East
around 1990 and am always satisfied. One time my old TS440 died 3 weeks
before the ARRL 10m contest and I did not have a backup rig. I called Steve
at Kenwood East and in 2 1/2 weeks, counting std UPS shipping, my radio was
back and repaired.

It was either as Ed said, and someone will pay dearly for it, or it was
damaged in shipment. Either way, call Steve and tell him what happened. His
place is one of the few that you can really talk to someone other than the
secretary.....

K4SB wrote:

> The owner of the Kenwood east service center ( Steve ) and I have been
> friends for over 20 years. Call the service center and ask for him.
>
> I'll guarantee you'll get that machine fixed at no extra cost, and
> some tech at his place is going to be wearing a boot on his butt.
>
> BUT, I would check first and make sure that all the switches and cables
> are properly set.
>
> 73
>
> Ed
>
> --

Bruce Richards / WD4NGB (No Good Bum)  (ex HL9JV)
DX Web Page http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wd4ngb
Mirror Site http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/9941
Space A DX  http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/9846
50 Miles North West of Nashville Tn