[TowerTalk] FW: Telrex DBM 1015

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Telrex DBM 1015
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 10:57:12 +0100
>Sorry, but I  don't know the value of the caps.  Replacing them would be
tough
>without making all new trap forms since they are dipped in epoxy.

I don't know if it is hte same as the TB series. but we just rebuilt a
TB5EM found the funny brown insulator stuff. McMaster calls it paper
phenolic. and we just busted all of the what looks, smells and feels like
bondo off of the old broken traps and fixed up new ones.
Then wouldn't you know I broke another one in the second installation.
After twice on the tower and twice with a broken antenna I give up.
But if the caps are the same I think mine used 3-100pF caps in series, i.e.
33pF at 5kV rating.

Mike...NO6X
Anyone need a broken Telrex?

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x