[TowerTalk] guys, insulators, etc

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] guys, insulators, etc
From: Mmoon3@aol.com (Mmoon3@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 08:23:42 EDT
I have a copy of the Antenna Handbook, but would like to know current trends
in non-resonant guy lengths.  My guys will be about 55' long.  Should I have
about 3' at the top, then an insulator, then 14', then 14', then 27', then
insulator, then anchor?  Is this safe for 14, 21, 28 MHz?

Does everyone use 504 insulators, or 502?  I can get 504's from my local
electrical supplier for only $4.55 each.   I will be using 1/4" guy wire.
Should I use "genuine" Rohn 1/4CCF clamps (forged, hot dipped) or are the
malleable ones OK?

Thanks, 73,
Mark N3AVA/0