[TowerTalk] Polyphaser question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Polyphaser question
From: aa0cy@nwrain.com (Bob Wanderer)
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 19:30:04 -0700
I doubt there's anybody left at PolyPhaser who knows this stuff
(ham radio) or even if a ham can get through to the technical folks
anymore. If you can, however, ask for Tricia or Grant, especially
Tricia.

When I was at Poly I developed two custom models for your specific
application. I think the part numbers were 096-0625A-A and -B. Tricia
should remember these once you describe them and give the following
information. Only one was sold so I hope it's the one you need. I don't
know anymore if they'll go to the trouble of activating the other one for
just one sale.

Anyway, the one I created will pass up to +/-30Vdc and covers 1800 kHz to
450 MHz (or at least the hams bands contained therein, there are some
frequency segments lying outside of the ham bands which won't be passed).
It will handle 1500W Continuous on HF, about 500W on 6 and 2 meters, and
about 200-300 W on 70 cm. I forgot the rating for 222 Mhz. Connectors are
SO-239. Price was $102.95.

Hope this helps. BTW, the models shown in the catalog in this series
(IS-DC50LN+V, IS-GC50LN+V & IS-DC50LNZ+V) are receive only. However,
some of the newer series can handle transmit power, but I think none of them
are below 400 MHz.

Hope this helps.

73,
Bob Wanderer AA0CY
former PolyPhaser Senior Applications Engineer