[TowerTalk] Steve Best on Mismatch loss, transmitters and tuners

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Steve Best on Mismatch loss, transmitters and tuners
From: T93m@aol.com (T93m@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 00:06:34 EDT
HI  Dennis,

Thank you for kind note  and giving me a chance to say next:

1.I realy find some discussions  funny so I can not resist...
2.I realy learned  a lot from all discussions ...
 3.Cushcraft is company I work for , not live for...
4 Steve Best  is real gentlamen but I do not have to support his discussion
just because he 's my boss...
5.My intention was to point to all GUYS that all they wrote is so confusing to
a average Ham that they will take wrong conclusions.....
6. You are right abt using tuner (without transformer) to achive Conjugate
match and deliver all power to antenna except loss of attenuation of TL  and
mismatch loss which is minor in compare to delivered power...I used simillar
antenna but tuner was at feed point just to avoid coaxial cable att. and
mismatch loss....(when the matching is performed at the line input, the
attenuation increases as the Zo load mismatch increases).
7.I'll keep learning from most of the guys here but only as information to
investigate by myself in all the books you mentioned and some other...

73 Danny/T93M