[TowerTalk] Satellite Tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Satellite Tower
From: n0nsv@amsat.org (Mark D. Fossum)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 1998 19:54:06 -0500
Hi Stan:

Thanks for your comments. Actually, my present tower is not guyed at
30'. It's
withstood some real wind and weather in it's present location without
any
problem. I'm not worried about it in the least. (North Dakota winds make
great proving ground for wind tests) Yes, I have the Rohn book. Yes, I
know
it's supposed to be guyed. Yes, I know they my a tiltover kit.

I intend on using the 25G for other projects when I put it back into
service. A
25G system for the satellite array is not of interest to me anymore
because it
is too large and clumsy to deal with. I have used the tiltover kit that
you are
referring to and I've never been satisfied with it.

The satellite antennas are kept relatively low to the ground since we're

dealing with line-of-sight propagation. The tower system that I'm
interested in
is defiantly strong enough to withstand any reasonable (and some
not-so-reasonable) weather conditions with the antennas that I plan to
affix.
I'm just fishing for ideas or sources of such an animal.

Thanks again for your comments. 73
Mark Fossum - N0NSV