[TowerTalk] TA-33 feed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TA-33 feed
From: n7ml@imt.net (Michael Lamb)
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 19:10:56 -0600

----------
From:   Stan Griffiths[SMTP:w7ni@teleport.com]
Sent:   Sunday, July 26, 1998 2:19 PM
To:     Michael Lamb
Cc:     towertalk@contesting.com
Subject:        RE: [TowerTalk] TA-33 feed

Hello Stan:

Yes, I agree with the fewer parts philosophy.  I used to use the coiled coax
technique for many years too, but have lately switched to the multi-ferrite
beads over RG-213 at the feedpoint.  So far, no failures after a about 3 years.

73/Mike, N7ML

>By the way, this is a dirty little secret, but the FCC guidelines for
determining biological radiation hazards do not take feedline radiation into
account and that can be the BIGGEST contributor of all if someone does not
believe in BALUNS.

>73/Mike, N7ML

Holy Cow, Mike!  It WAS a secret.  Now what have you done to us!!  :-)

I am one of those guys who believes in "minumum parts count".  Fewer parts
means fewer failures.  Fewer parts means it costs less money.  The only
baluns I use are coiled coaxial feedline chokes at the antenna, and I only
use those on two of my dozen or so antennas.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com