[TowerTalk] Re. Impact of Reflected Power

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re. Impact of Reflected Power
From: davidc@bit-net.com (DavidC)
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 18:17:47 -0400
In light of the many comments here stating that the narrow bandwidths of
all legal Amateur signals together with the characteristics of the
frequencies contained within the 160-10m bands, it seemed a fair summary to
say that the speed at which the reflected signal traveled from antenna to
source and back again rendered any measurement of phase distortions at the
receiving end virtually impossible.  Is that not correct?

I'm not sure if I failed to state that clearly the first time, or if my
words were miscast for humors sake.  :-)

In so stating the above I do not ignore that during this travel, at any
speed, loss occurs (as points of loss are permitted to exist in the design
of a given system) thus mismatches leading to reflections are to be avoided
... and as Doug has said, I sure plan to avoid them!

73, DavidC  AA1FA

> Tnx Steve for this response.......something a little more rational.
After all