[TowerTalk] WTB: HyTower Vertical Parts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WTB: HyTower Vertical Parts
From: gswiebe@mb.sympatico.ca (Glenn Wiebe)
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 1998 22:18:44 -0700
Saad Mahaini wrote:

> I have just acquired a Hygain HyTower vertical that's missing the
> 10 thru 20 elements.  I have the tower, and 40M and 80M sections.
>
> Please let me know if you have any or all of the missing parts, or even
> if you have a complete Hytower antenna, that you wish to sell.  Also,
> looking for the 160M kit for it.

Hello Saad:

As yet none of the knowledgeable regulars have responded via this
reflector so here goes me. The Hy-Gain 18-HT Hy-Tower has the following
major components:
1) insulated base
2) three 8' sections triangular tower
3) about 28' aluminum tubing, various sizes, attached to but insulated
from the top of the tower
4) three stub decouplers, one attached to each of the tower legs, 40m,
15m, 10m

There is no stub for the 20m band and the antenna resonates on 80m in
the 'American phone band'. I loaded mine to resonate at 3.750. Antenna
theory and I don't coexist so I can't tell you a whole lot more. If you
need a copy of the manual, send me your mailing address and I'll send
one.

BTW, I'de appreciate an explanation of how the stubs resonate the
antenna. Please keep it simple.

73.....Glenn

--
Glenn Wiebe...Box 1563...Beausejour...MB...Canada...R0E 0C0
Email: gswiebe@mb.sympatico.ca.....ham radio call sign: VE4GN