[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3S (long, the rest of the story)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3S (long, the rest of the story)
From: davidg@primenet.com (David Gilbert)
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 22:00:12 -0700
At 01:04 PM 8/4/98 +0000, Dave_K9NX wrote:

<snip>
 I have 5 different pieces of coax in this
>line and two of them were bad!

<snip>
>In short
>the C3S  is hard to beat in its size and weight class, but God help you if
>you need a question answered. Will I buy another Force 12 antenna? Maybe in
>a couple of years after the drinking has killed a few more brain cells and
>I've forgotten my current level of frustration. 3 FAX, 5 E-mails and 7
>Phone calls is too much to ask.
>
>Dave
>K9NX

As far as I can tell from many Towertalk messages over the last several
months, those folks who get through to Force 12 to discuss their
installation issues get excellent, patient help.  It sounds more to me like
a situation of a vendor getting swamped with help requests -- I'd be
curious to know how many are of the variety described above.  As hams, we
can hope for Force 12 to continue to provide fine performing antennas at
low cost, or we can ask them to staff up so they can help people trouble
shoot broken coax.

"3 FAX, 5 E-mails and 7 Phone calls is too much to ask."      Of whom?

No, I have no connection to Force 12 -- don't even own one of their
antennas.  But I sure hope they're still in business a couple of years from
now when I relocate to my new QTH and have the opportunity to put up a few.

Dave  AB7E