[TowerTalk] What Happens When Beams Are Stacked?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What Happens When Beams Are Stacked?
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider, N3RR)
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 05:46:48 +0100
Clarification:

If the stacked antennas (both fed) are pointing within a 3 dB beamwidth but not
within the 1 dB beamwidth (or so) there will be a problem.  In other words, use
the
stack as a stack (pointing in the same direction) or be careful when the
antennas
are pointing "close" to each other's  heading. If they are pointing 90 degs -
180
degs from each other, you'll be ok.  It's only when they get close, but not
"right-on"  that you'll have a problem.

Sorry for the confusion.

Bill