[TowerTalk] Attaching guys to 45g

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Attaching guys to 45g
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 09:04:31 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-08 00:42:58 EDT, henry@rio.com writes:

> I'm in the process of putting up 90 feet of 45g.
>
>  What is the recommended way of wrapping the EHS around the tower legs?
>
>  Do I use a thimble?
>
>  How do I get it around the tower leg?

     While the current catalogs and policy is to use guy brackets, older
catalogs showed the guy termination looped around the leg and through a
diagonal brace.

     I assume that you'll be using Preformed grips. In this scenario, just
hook the loop around the leg in the aforementioned fashion. The round leg
functions in the same way as the thimble would. That is to keep the
termination radius a smooth round junction.

Cheers,  Steve   K7LXC