[TowerTalk] Bands are opening

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bands are opening
From: kz5qdx@communique.net (Douglas Bradford)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 03:04:47 -0500
Saurday was good bkut Sunday Mornin' better.
Worked a OX3FV-/qrp 5 watts.  No battle over  / qrp.
You log your way I  will log my way,  No Problemss.
He had a G.P. and I have 80 mtrs Inv Vee + tuner
for all bands. He came in a 57 cqing , worked 1st and
listened to him work another dozen.
BTW I was only running 50 wattts and that is normal
power our for me. If I need more , I kick on the Amp.

So Gentlemen and Ladies, the good times are almost here
Next week-hope to have beam up. bn 6 or 7 yrs without
1 and will be nice to be able to hear again.

Back in 78' in had just finished putting up a 7 ele triband
and 110 tower.  Came into shack on a weed end mornig
and turned of the rig, let it warm up and stareted scanning
the bands. 1st  Thing I heard was a Russian and he had
the needle off scale he was so strong. 1 call and he came
right back.  Best report I ever received, My God , you are
Loud, Loud m eyc.  He told me his system and I told him
what I had, barefoot on 7 ele up 110'.  Man O Man, I
thought, this antenna is really going to be SUPER.  After
I logged him in, I looked over at my switch Box  and I
had the Rig on my Verticle. . .yep tall beam . . . but that
time the Vertical beat it. Spend all that money and work
a DX station and find out you were on wrong antenna.

I hope this beam out performs my 80 meter Inv Vee and
Tuner on every thing but 80.

73  Brad  KZ5Q
Long  Live  CW
Preferred  Mode