[TowerTalk] Crank-up in Minnesota

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crank-up in Minnesota
From: k5ed@dzn.com (Ed Jensen)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 10:51:17 -0600
Hi Paul,

-----Original Message-----

>Does any tower manufacturer produce a 40' (or 60') that nests to 20'
>heavy-duty crank-up that will take this iced load [18 sq ft] either in the
>nested or extended position?
>
>How do I get in touch with HyGain, Triex? Anyone else I should look at?

I have a Heights crank up with which I am pleased.  They make towers in many
configurations from 28 to 116 feet tall with ratings from 5 to 40 sq ft.

You might be interested in their towers that can support 33 sq ft at 40 feet
or 28 sq feet at 60 feet.  Ratings are without ice at 80 mph.

Nice things about Heights towers are:
1. They are aluminum.
2. They break down to 8 foot sections (I brought my 60 footer home in an
Astro Van).
3. They have large face widths (my sections are 22 and 26 inches) which
makes them easy to climb and work on for extended periods (cranked down of
course).

Contact info per owner's posting is:

     Heights Tower Systems, Inc.
     3981 North "W" Street, Unit #39
     Pensacola, FL 32505
     Phone:  (850) 429-9400
     Fax:  (850) 429-9774

The owner, Drake Dimitry, is very helpful.

73,
Ed, K5ED, in El Paso k5ed@dzn.com