[TowerTalk] Rohn Tower Designs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Tower Designs
From: dlhough@vegas.infi.net (Dave Hough)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 06:52:39 -0700
I'm familiar with this problem being licensed in 3 states. Much of this
falls under state and local laws, ordinances and codes. There is also
the question of liability. Once a PE puts his seal to a set of plans,
specs. or a report he stands forever liable for anything that happens.
There are few if any states that have statutes of limitations that cover
engineers.

        You also have the problem of inspection to see that indeed your
recomendations have been faithfully carried out.

        To say the least providing some kind of service or guidance on this
subject would place a PE in serious jeprody given the proclivities of
people to sue.

        Lastly, I have to agree. We quit doing projects for individuals long
ago simply because they are unwilling to pay what it costs to properly
do these things and I also got tired of listening to grown people whine.
We do provide advice where people can get information to do some of
these things as "self help".

        A great source of information is U.S. Army FM's and TM's and these
publications can be obtained from the gov't printing office for
practically nothing.

73
Dave Hough, KC7DM
Las Vegas