[TowerTalk] 80m antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 80m antenna
From: jlangdon@outer.net (John Langdon)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 16:33:14 -0500

IMHO your proposed spacing is too close, I would think you need 10'
minimum, but check with N6BT and if he says less spacing is okay, go for
it.  If the interaction with the other antennas is not a problem, this
antenna will perform at about 80% of a full size dipole mounted in the same
situation.  Usually, you can get one these higher and clearer than an
"inverted V"  or wire dipole and that is the secret to their success.  I
recently put up the two element  "Magnum 280C", separated about 14' from a
C4XL, and it seems okay so far, with the only QSOs being 3B7RF and a few
Europeans in contests.

73 John N5CQ