[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Tribander/Wire antenna catagory

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Tribander/Wire antenna catagory
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:32:49 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-20 09:03:48 EDT, CQK8DO@aol.com writes:

> Further, his claimed gains in dB(t)  {dB per Tom} are nothing if not
amazing)
> ,
>  even if they do stretch some laws of physics as well as the published
> research
>  of Drs. Yagi and Uda....

      I was unable to find your aforementioned dB(t) used in the new Force 12
catalog.  Force 12 "gain" figures are referenced to a dipole in free space
where his "net gain" figures are referenced to a dipole above average real
ground.

     If you take a look at the Force 12 published net gain figures and the
published results of tribander performance from our real live on-the-air
tribander test report, you'll find that the figures corroborate within our +/-
1 dB error factor.

      Our figures also corroborate on non-Force 12 antennas that we both have
tested. In other words, there is no 'hocus pocus' or stretched laws of physics
involved in these figures. YOU TOO could duplicate these figures by following
the protocol in our antenna report without any stretch at all. Tom's
mechanical and electrical designs have shifted antenna design paradigms aided
by state-of-the-art computer electrical and mechanical modeling software and
some darned clever ideas.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC

PS - The tribander test is $15.00 + $3.00 s/h and is available from Champion
Radio Products (http://www.championradio.com).