[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 11:51:42 EDT
In a message dated 98-08-22 05:32:04 EDT, ni6w@yagistress.minden.nv.us writes:

> My advice, on taking the tower down, is to proceed with caution and
> experienced
>  help. The age of the existing system is very important!

       Taking down an old tower is THE MOST DANGEROUS TOWER ACTIVITY YOU CAN
UNDERTAKE. You typically don't know the condition of anything, what's
underneath the base or what the anchors are attached to.

     I've walked away from 'free towers' that needed to be removed because the
effort and risk just wasn't worth it. You will NEVER be wrong to hire
professionals to take it down. And most of the anecdotal stories about removal
disasters that I've heard have been on roof-mounted installations.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC