[TowerTalk] AB-105C

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AB-105C
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 16:07:34 EDT
The manual you are looking for is TM11-2615A (Army) or TO16-35AB105-6 (Air
Force) Published in 1952. It's nice to have, but isn't much help for
installation, unless you have an army battalion at your disposal.

We took down four 130' AB105 towers with a crane and jib. We took out the
bottom bolts and laid them over with no particular problems, except for being
very careful with a 130' lever swinging in the breeze.

Putting AB105 up with a crane is probably not the best idea in the world.
There is just enough tolerance in the bolt holes to have it go up with a list.
I would stack it 10' at a time, or if you are by yourself, you can use the
N4AR method and put it together one piece at a time.

AB105C is still commercially made. I can't find my reference on the company,
since I haven't have any of the stuff in a few years. N7RT might have the
info. The manufacturer would be a good place to get the spec's you are
probably looking for.

By the way, for you and the other towertalkians, I have a heavy duty gin pole
specifically designed for AB105 that I would be happy to trade or sell. I have
no intention of using it again (I will post "The Curse of Fort Huachuca" on
this reflector someday soon).

Tom, K5RC/7