[TowerTalk] Re: Projected Area (something rotten inDenmark)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Projected Area (something rotten inDenmark)
From: sawyers@inav.net (Steven H. Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 23:23:28 -0500
I apologize to both you and the web. The book is
Cable Structures by Max Irvine and it was published by
Dover Books. The paperback version has the ISBN of
0-486-67127-5

It was originally published by MIT Press in 1981. Mr Irvine
was (is?) a Professor of Civil Engineering at the University
of South Wales in Australia.

I was given the book by an old engineering friend of
mine. I was fascinated by the approach and spent
about three weekends at the Iowa State University
library looking up towers and cable structures. I found
that most of the good work in the academic literature on
cable structures was done by, or is based on, Prof.
Irvine's work.

The book is a little heavy on the math, but doesn't get
into matrices so it is easy to follow.

de n0yvy steve